Voter ID Correction Online:
The Election Commission of India through the National Voters Service Portal providing the voter id related online services. Voter id online correction is one of them, by using this facility the existing voter id holders who are having corrections in their voter id they can apply through online. You can use this facility to apply for the name corrections in voter id, date of birth corrections in voter id or to replace a new photo. Before applying for the voter id correction online, one thing to remember is you should upload supporting documentation as proof for making changes.
How to Search Name in Voter list, How to Download Electoral Roll PDF, How to Track Voter id Application Status & How to Find Assembly Constituency Explained on YouTube:Sponsored Links
Correcting the voter-id cards Online:
- Visit the NVSP portal.
- Select Form 8 or “correction of entries in electoral roll” option.
- Voter Id online Correction FORM-8 will be displayed.
- Choose your State, Assembly Constituency and your Name, Father Name etc as per the Voter Id.
- Select the option of correction which is required for you for, for example, can choose the correction option like name, photo, address, age etc.
- After selecting the option you must upload the supporting document in which you want to apply for the correction.
- For example your photo, in that case, you have to upload a recent passport size photo.
- After uploading the photo, click the submit button.
- After submission of your voter id online correction application form, an acknowledgement will be displayed download it for further reference.
- With the help of your application reference number, you can track the status of your application form online.
Voter id correction – https://www.nvsp.in/Sponsored Links
About the voter-id card:
The voter identity card in India is the most important document which is also a valid identity proof of every Indian but the fact is that the voter id card can only be used for proving one’s identity inside India. Every child attaining the age of 18 in India becomes eligible to have his/her own voter identity card. The Indian Government has taken different initiatives and has also launched different programs in the different sectors of rural India so that all the people can avail the voter-id cards along with the benefits that come with it. Many times, there is a printing error in the cards in the place of address or there are some printing errors in the names and other details. But there is always an option for rectifying them. The Voter-id correction is now simple and easy.
Correcting the misprint or errors in the voter-id cards:
The option of correcting the printing errors or wrong information on one’s voter-id card can be easily corrected today. With the advancement of technology, this correction can be made both online and offline. Besides the offline mode, the Government of India has also launched the online portals in every state individually so that the people residing in that particular state can start with the correction of their voter-id cards without facing any sort of problem. Through the official websites, one can also download the form for correcting the voter-id card, fill it and then submit it either to the office of the election commission or to the nearest BLO office.Sponsored Links
Easy correction and change of addresses in the voter-id cards:
Correcting the errors or the misprint on the voter-id cards or changing of addresses in the same has become quite easy. One simply needs to download the form 8A which is the form needed to complete the above mentioned actions. The details of the voter-id card can be changed online by filling up all the necessary details asked on form 8A as they are extremely important for the one who wants to correct his voter-id card through the online process. In most of the cases, girls are seen to change the address of their voter-id cards after their marriage as they have to move to their husband’s place and today this change in address is done very easily. Many times, people also get transferred to different locations across the country on account of their jobs and they may wish to cast their votes from the states they are staying. Hence, the correction in the address of their voter cards is also necessary.
Steps to correct the errors on the voter-id cards:
- Before going for the correction of the voter-id cards online, one should download the form 8A which is the form for correcting the errors on the voter-id cards and for changing the address.
- After the form has been filled up, one will have to submit it to Election Registration Officer or any other office of the election commission near the person’s residing place.
- After the application has been submitted, the booth level officers will come to the person’s residing place for verifying all the details entered by the person so that they can start the process of issuing the new voter-id card.
- While submitting the application form of 8A, one also needs to submit the old address proof, the new address proof along with the identity proof for which one can produce either the voter-id card or the PAN Card. One can produce the electricity bill as the address proof of the present address.
- After the application has been submitted successfully, the new voter-id card will take 2-3 weeks to reach the person’s registered address.
Some other information on correcting the voter-id card:
The form 8A can only be filed by the people who are already having voter-id cards. One can file only a single copy of the application for correcting or changing the address of the voter-id card. The information provided above is applicable to all the states of India.
Conditions on which it can be applied for:
- After marriage
- Transfer to other state
- Transfer due to job
- Moving to some other place for educational purposes.